This summer I had the worst acne of my life. Yes, that includes teen years too. It was embarrassing and really did a number on my self esteem. I used the “pretty filter” on Snap Chat and made sure to take photos at strategic angles. I am not sure what triggered the intense pizza face cystic acne I am just happy that those days are over.
I have a two seperate skincare routines. Routine for acne and a routine for anti aging. Below are the products and steps to be acne free.
1. Drink water: I know this sounds obvious but I am sharing this anyway. Water is the key to life and good skin.
2. Remove: Alway remove your makeup before you go to bed. I do not care how tired you are. You are doing your skin no favors by sleeping in your makeup.
3. Wash: Wash your face after your work out. Again another tip that sounds obvious but I do not think everyone does this. I don’t mean wash your face eventually. I mean wash your face asap.
4 Stop Touching. Do not excessively touch your skin. This might be easier said than done for some but trust me it is totally worth it.
5. Exfoliate: I think everyone knows to do this I just believe it is really easy to skip this step. I like to use Nip and Fab Glycolic Fix Scrub. This stuff is magic and by far my favorite exfoliator ever.
6. Tone: This necessary step can help with both acne scaring and to reduce the size of pores. I personally like to use witch hazel.
7. Cleanse: I like to use Neutrogena Grapefruit Cleanser. I know a lot of people hate this stuff, but for me it works. So, I say do not knock it until you try it.
9. No dairy: This step is not going to be popular but for me having smooth skin and my confidence back made it worth it. This step has been the biggest game changer for me.
Also, I sometimes get random breakouts and I use apple cider vinegar Indian clay mask. I also used this when my skin was really bad. I only use it now if I get a random jumbo pimple. The mask is strong so follow up with a moisturizer. I would not use more than 3x a week.
I am only sharing what I know has worked for me. Feel free to try all or none of these products. But I know acne is annoying and I wanted to share and help others if I can. Tag me using #hopeshabits if you end up using any of the products.